Friday, March 27, 2015

Inner Voice Doom

Everyone has an inner voice.

You know what I'm talkin' about.  That inner dialogue you have with yourself about everything including all the things you think but would never say. 

See, I'm fairly certain that even the nicest person has an inner angry little troll shouting out obscenities and judgements in your brain. Well, at least, I picture a troll.  You can picture whatever you want.  

If I'm wrong about everyone else having this inner voice, don't tell me.  I find comfort in thinking I can't possibly be the only one.  Although, I'm thinking inside that if you say you don't have that inner voice, you must be lying.

Thankfully we have filters that keep all that cray cray shit in there where it belongs.  OK, most of us have filters.  Mostly.

Can you imagine if we could hear everyone's inner voice?

All hell would break loose.  It would be chaos.  "Dogs and cats living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!!"*

Or it could whip us into shape and fix the human race so we wouldn't be such assholes to each other anymore.

Or possibly all sorts of people would just avoid me.

I can't decide.




*quotation from Ghostbusters.  Said by Dr. Peter Venkman.  Everyone should quote from Ghostbusters don't you think?  It's an awesome movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment